Whether you’re just launching your church’s foster care ministry or it’s been around for years, there are certain things you can do to drive success.
We asked Chuck Campbell, our director of Community of Care, and Katrina Campbell, our director of training, for their advice. They recommended church foster care ministries do three things: build awareness, follow up and advocate for foster families.
What does that look like on a practical level? Here are some tips:
- Build awareness through:
- Announcements via videos or live testimonies
- Sermon messages about the need
- Social media stories about your foster ministry
- Sunday school/small group promotional awareness
- Tables/kiosk with materials in the lobby on Sundays
- Follow up with encouragement to:
- Foster families in process to follow through on their call to serve foster children
- Connect Community of Care volunteers so they can support foster families
- Advocate for foster families through:
- Special events like parents’ night out, foster family picnics, parent appreciation dinners, groups for moms/dads
- Hosting trainings
Has your church done something unique to help its foster care ministry succeed? We’d love to know about it! Please send us an email at email@example.com.